CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In desperate need of motivation

I haven't been up to par with my blogging efforts. I admit it. The reason being... I don't really have any motivation. The people who check our blog on a regular basis are the ones who already know exactly what we have been up to. I know some of you CAN'T WAIT until our next post because you believe we live these extremely adventurous and thrill-seeking lives and feel the need to live vicariously through us. Allow me put the rumors to rest. The truth is, we are just normal people living normal lives. We wake up, go to our jobs, come home, have dinner, go to bed; repeat. SOMETIMES, we get really crazy on the weekends and watch a movie, but those are considered to be special occasions.

Okay, lets get real. For those of you who haven't already visited Natalie and Quincy's blog... Bruce and I went to Washington D.C. to visit my sister and her family (check her blog for pictures). It was such a wonderful trip! We were able to spend time with them before they leave for Saudi Arabia AND we were there for Porter's first birthday!!! We are going to miss them so much. Natalie introduced me to a fabulous book The Color of Water, and I have determined reading isn't so bad. I couldn't put the book down. For those of you who don't know me, I like reading just as much as I like to exercise. Not at all. People couldn't pay me to do either... until now. Just for the record, I went running a few times last week. Yeah. Does anyone have any good suggestions for another book? Something tragic preferably? And please not the Twilight series although I am highly interested... Bruce is about 15 pages from finishing the Iliad. He's incredible. He's motivation enough for me. I have secret competitions with him while we sit in bed at night reading our books. The game starts when he turns a page and I begin reading as fast as I can and try to finish my 2 pages before he does. I know I win when I turn my page first. Poor guy doesn't even know what is really going on.

Well, I guess the last thing we have going on is the CiRcUs! Yup, tomorrow night! I'm actually really excited. It's a local one. Who knew Indy was so hip!? I hope we bump into Eddie's son (Dad that one is for you). He will either be guessin' peoples weight or barking for the yak-woman.

Okay, I'll post pictures in a bit.

9 comments:

Alyssa & Bruce said...

Is it considered tacky to comment on your own post? Okay, first of all, I'm really impressed with my new background. Thanks Nat. Second, I think i'm really funny when I post. I write it, laughing the entire time. So my apologies if you don't think it funny, or you think is distastful. Third, in the top picture, does it look like my pinky finger is a little nub?

natalie said...

I love the new blog look!That post was hilarious! I was died laughing. It was if I were having a conversation with you and you were telling me what was on your mind. You are fuuny. Keep the posts coming. And yes, you have a nub with a long fingernail in your picture. Gross.

jessica said...

Nice post! I have a few suggestions for some books (tragic ones too)-call me sometime.

Susan Mangus said...

What a great new blog look!!! Yes, indeed, it is a nub. We all have them. Your post was indeed, hilarious. Does Bruce ever read these?

Adventures of Aaron and Jordan said...

Alyssa.... (Jordan Huffman, also known as Forgey) Just wanted to let you know that I check your blog out, I got it off of Natalie's and I love it.... so keep the motivation coming, its so fun seeing what you guys are doing! You can check my blog out at www.aaronandjordan.blogspot.com ...hope you dont mind me stalking your life off of Natalies blog... but I do love to see what the old people from Noblesville are doing, since I am stuck in Texas all by myself!!!

tara said...

This may come as a shock, but I do read your blog and I do EXPECT to read lots of new posts because I don't know what's going. And don't use the "my life is boring" line - such a cop-out. Also, I have lots of book recommendations.

natalie said...

How was Jette and Skyler's Circus? Did you see the yak-woman?

Ashley said...

LOVE THE NEW BLOG!! You have mad writing skillz too, oh yeah!

Alyssa & Bruce said...

Um, HI TARA! How can I get to your blog?