CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Cirque De Sole

Poor elephant.
This elephant got across the balance beam. I was very impressed. I was so nervous for him. Can you imagine if he fell? Oh my gosh, that would be scary.

Tiger jumping through the ring of fire. The cats kept opening their mouths and their whiskers would separate and they would hiss at the trainer. I thought one of them was going to eat him.
again...
Look how BIG!
The elephants were amazing. I think elephants are my new favorite animal
He knelt at the end

You can imagine our surprise when the first act was introduced and 8 dogs appeared. And this girl was dancing for the dogs
Yes, that IS a poodle jumping through a ring of fire. haha, thank you dogs.
This trainer was MEAN. The second tigger from the right (in the foreground) wasn't cooperating and received a whip across the face. It was loud and it made me pretty upset.
The Siberian tigers were really pretty.
Here is a good picture of the kittens.



We went to the Shrine Circus last night. Not quite the Cirque De Sole, but a close second. We had a lot of fun. I think I cried like 3 times...At the circus? Yes. Why? Because the elephants looked miserable. They looked like they needed the assistance of a veterinarian. Badly. They were walking around in a circle giving rides to little children with sticky-fingers (you could pay to ride them before the show). I really wanted to ride one because it's on my "bucket list" but I didn't want to go by myself...The second time was when I saw the clowns who were old men in costume. Men who have probably defended our country at some time or another and are now dressed up as clowns to entertain. And the last time, I walked out to get Bruce to show him where our seats were (he met us there) only to be welcomed back to our National Anthem. I looked to find the flag and not far from it, Shrines saluted. I can't quite describe in words what I saw nor what I felt but I can say that in that moment, I was so proud to live in this country and none other.















6 comments:

natalie said...

HOW FUN!!! See you guys know how to have fun! I think that you are so sweet for crying when the elephants came out. I love you. Oh and I love the ma-zra-zree lady.

Anonymous said...

That does look like a fun show--glad you guys went! I was thinking we really should try to make the 2pm show today, until I read about the tiger getting whipped, the sad clowns, and the hurting elephants. By the way how did that 2x4 piece of wood hold an elephant???!!!

Alyssa & Bruce said...

I had to make sure it WASN'T a 2x4. As the next act occupied the spotlight, I stalked the clean-up crew in the background. The guy in charge of the beam lifted it up, huffing and puffing. His face was red and he was straining...get the picture? It was a steel beam.

Alyssa & Bruce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alyssa & Bruce said...

If you enlarge the picture of the dogs, you will find Beau, shaved like a reindeer, and Janvier sitting next to him.

Susan Mangus said...

I love your blog AND your music!! SO, did you see the Yak-Woman or not? Seriously, I did love your refections on why you cried and how great this country is. I couldn't agree more.