CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Hey guyyys...Check this out!

I've had this idea for a while. I have been wanting to flat-iron Bruce's hair just to see what it would look like straight because he has a lot of curl. My only problem was the execution of my plan. Timing is of the essence. When Bruce is playing a game, is watching a program on t.v. or is researching his latest on wikipedia, he is fixated on it. He has this incredible ability to tune out his surroundings. This is something I envy. As I sit here watching 'Best of Hawaii' on the Travel channel, I have only made it through 5 1/2 sentences in 30 minutes. I cannot even concentrate long enough to complete one thought! Back to my original thought... I caught him in a vulnerable state. A chess game. I think it went something like this: Bruce can I flat-iron your hair? I am taken back by his reply. His answer is one word, monotone, almost drooling, jaw open just enough to let me know he is REALLY into his game. I knew I had it made. "Surre." I almost didn't hear what he said. But rather than making sure my ears were not deceiving me, I ran into the bathroom to grab the flat-iron and a comb. Within seconds I was experiencing what i would consider to be pure ecstasy. HE EVEN LET ME PUT PRODUCT IN IT! *Note: If you know Bruce, you know he is no-fuss. Previous to this phenomenon, he wouldn't have let me come within feet of his head with a hot tool designed to flatten out curl.* This time was different.

So now, I give you the final result. You may never see it again. What do you think?


We (and when I say "we," I mean I) were just being silly.

I was trying to get his attention. MAUH!


He's so great!
Taking a quick break from an intense game of chess.
Alright one, just one.
Please stop before things turn violent.
Just playing around.


7 comments:

natalie said...

Alyssa, nice commentary. It looks really good actually.
Bruce, didn't you know this day was coming? You did marry a hair-stylist after all.
You guys are too cute!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Maybe Bruce should play a little more chess--the straight hair looks good!

Ashley said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job Peety. Brue, it looks great! I seriously like it.

Susan Mangus said...

Wow, I like the straight hair. I also like how Bruce pretends to not want to be in pictures when we all know he is a camera hog.

Anonymous said...

Not to poo-poo what everyone else is saying, Liz said she thought he looked weird...but not as weird as when he had the one long superman curl hanging down. :)

(I thought it looked good too!)

natalie said...

where is your blog?

Anonymous said...

I like your new blog look--now we need updated pictures!!